Eurotunnel Frequent Travellers

I am thinking about buying Eurotunnel frequent traveller tickets (basically you have to buy 10 single tickets, i.e. 5 returns, for £390).

But I am a bit worried about the negative news I have been hearing lately about Eurotunnel, that it could go into receivership within the next few months.

If the worst  came to the worst, and this did happen, what is the likely scenario regarding these tickets? Would they become null and void?

Help! Any legal eagles out there who could offer any advice?!

Thanks in advance.

I would expect if you were to pay with an UK credit card that this should give you the required protection. I also anticipate  that should the company go into receivership that the banks will maintain a similar service.

Baz

Eurotunnel has until october to get a agreement with the banks,so if you are using them before,their should be no problems. I have read that some banks are selling their eurotunnel shares to hedge funds, so any unused tickets after october ???

bob

There is another problem with frequent traveller - that is actually using the system.  As a former IT professional I am horrified.

For example my id begins FT one assumes that means frequent traveller.  Trust  me you never put info into an ID in case the business changes and you are locked in.  Oh and by the way I mean FT not ft it doesnt recognise ft as valid.

I found the instructions obscure, the way it works is you buy 10 cheap single trips up  front.  However if the trip  you request is out of the cheap zones you pay a surcharge with the booking.

Having registered the only way I could get the discounted fares (after passing the ft/FT hitch was to go via an obscure link at the bottom of the column "explaining" the scheme.  The straight forward method of booking doesn't seem to work.

To book multiple trips you have to go right out of the system and start again at the home page.  It requires you to put your address and email address in each time you make a booking (no post code look up it doesn't work)

And finally it refused to take a booking for February 2006 I quote "Mission Full" whatever that means.

Yes but they will get away with this sloppy work because £58 return is cheap.  But to travel cheaply between now and the end of September try speedferries.