Long Wheelbase Van Hire to France

cs

I need to hire a long base transit van for self drive or man with a van doesn't matter which, from Exeter area over to North Mayenne ie Lassay Les Chateaux for a couple days in August/September.

Can anyone recommend someone/company.   Thanks in advance.....Chris

Try ToAnFro (I think that's what they are called) at Honiton. They are based at the Jet station just off the A30 at the first Honiton turn-off. I rented a lwb van off them last January (whilst back in the UK for a month and needed to make a run back home to France). They were very helpful and the cheapest I could find in the Exeter area.

Don't forget to make sure they give you a letter confirming that you have permission to take the van out of the country. They are quite hot on asking for that at Portsmouth these days.

If you are only doing a quick hop, don't forget that you can still use a Brittany Ferries 24hr return even with a van. That's 24hrs from the time you arrive in France to the time you depart or the first available crossing after the 24hrs has expired. When I last did that it only cost me £70 with a cabin in one direction.

Bon voyage.