Travel Insurance

Katy

We are travelling from our home in Deux Sevres to London and then on to visit our daughter, who lives in Dubai. We need travel insurance, for the whole journey. Can anyone recommend a company, who will insure us from France at a reasonable cost. We have been told we are covered to a certain amount on our car insurance here but would still like to take out a comprehensive travel insurance.

No unfortunately we don't have an American Express card. If we were travelling from the UK I think it would be much easier and cheaper. Our main flight is from Gatwick. We are staying with friends for two nights before we travel. We would like the insurance, to cover our whole journey, from France, in case we have to cancel for any reason. Also in an emergency, repatriation would have to be to France not the UK. I had a look at one website that quoted £91+ for a single trip cover. That seems a little excessive to me for a single trip. Thank you for your suggestion.

We use www.flexicover.com for cover back to the UK. You can purchase it online or it can be arranged by phone if you have any queries with the online questions asked. My OH has had an angioplasty and has a stent - which causes immediate panic with most insurance companies, but this one seems able to cope with this  - even online.They seem reasonably priced for the cover available.

Mind you we have not needed to make a claim yet - so don't know how that would be - but they have apparently 'won' awards for their service.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...