Rebooking cancelled flights

Suee

This may get moved to the original strand about Ryanair cancellations - but we'd be interested to hear from people who actually had flights cancelled due to the strikes. How difficult/easy was it to get another flight, and how soon did you manage to travel after the planned day? I ask because some of our family are travelling back to UK from Bergerac next tuesday and it seems likely that the strikes will continue for the time being.

Many thanks, Sue.

Sue

My sister got stuck at Bergerac Mon 27 Mar - given Ryanair's no to rebook (suspect the Irish one) and couldn't get through. No internet at holiday home. Nephew failed that evening on the internet though before it collapsed he got a Wed flight but couldn't complete. Next morning she rang me in UK. I failed on internet (didn't like the bookign codes as given to me by sister - or system overwhelmed possibly??). I phoned UK office and after about 30 mins engaged finally got through. By then first available flights for Thursday, but they did get back, late, that THursday night.

Moral: take UK and French Ryanair nos (not the same, know which is which) and re-book asap. And persevere! Both internet and phones likely to be busy and overused.

Just heard on the news that Chirac is backing down somewhat on the CPE, so may be this may all soon be coming to an end.

Hope so, I travel out Wed, by train!