Secure parking at hotel en route from Caen to Bordeaux (via Rennes and Nantes)

Kitty

Does anyone know of a (cheapish) hotel/B&B that has secure parking betwen Caen and Bordeaux for a short overnight stay?  I usually travel Caen - Rennes - Nantes - Niort - Bordeaux.  However, my car is usually loaded up with computer stuff and so I distrust Formula 1 hotels because I do not want to be broken into.

I would like to take a daytime ferry and stay in a hotel on the way south rather than relying on overnight ferries.  One of my daughters gets severe seasickness (she was in St Malo hospital for 10 days after the last attack) and day crossings are generally calmer.

I have four children and so need more than just one room.  I am also back and forwards from the UK to France several times per year.

With many thanks...

Hi Cathy

We are on a better route from Caen (via Le Mans) to Bordeaux.  We are near Alençon, 10 minutes from the N138.  We have loads of off-street parking or you can lock the car in the barn overnight.  Check out our website to see the rooms and drop us an email if it is any good for you.

Best wishes

Phil  [:)]

EDIT - Here is ViaMichelin's recommended route - it comes past us, I didn't rig it!

http://tinyurl.com/e8yla

Phil

I have looked at your route (or rather the Michelin route) from Caen to Bordeaux - it is different from the one that I usually take.  In the past, I've looked at the AA and RAC suggestions, not knowing the Michelin site.  I have e-mailed you at your website address about your B&B.