Latest from Flybe

Just received this from Flybe:

Flybe welcomes the Governments decision today to downgrade security threat levels and the resultant relaxation of hand baggage policies.

As a result now each passenger is permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage through the airport security search point. The dimensions of this item must not exceed: a maximum length of 45 cm, width of 35 cm and depth of 16 cm (17.7"×13.7"×6.2" approx) (including wheels, handles, side pockets etc.). Other bags, such as handbags, may be carried within the single item of cabin baggage. All items carried by passengers will be x-ray screened.

No liquids of any type are permitted through the airport security search point, other than the following items:

• Prescription medicines in liquid form sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), as
  long as verified as authentic
• Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the
  accompanying passenger).

NOTE: The definition of liquids includes gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures and the contents of pressurised containers, e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, soups, syrups, perfume, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.

To help your progress through search points, we encourage you not to include items capable of containing liquids (e.g. bottles, flasks, tubes, cans, plastic containers etc.) in your cabin baggage.

All laptops and large electrical items (e.g. large hairdryer) must be removed from the bag and placed in a tray so that such items neither obscure nor are obscured by the bag.

Pushchairs and walking aids are permitted but must be x-ray screened. Wheelchairs are permitted but must be thoroughly searched.

Glasgow and London Gatwick airports are currently still operating under the previous no handbaggage policy - these airports expect to be operating under the new restrictions within 24 hours - updates will be provided on flybe.com, also please check with airports for further clarification.

Flybe will keep the flybe.com website updated throughout the day if further policy changes are made to the restrictions.

Flybe has successfully managed the schedule of operations since Friday, and again today has no planned cancellations and expects most flights to operate without disruption.

I thought i saw on the news this morning, that the air companys where going to stop people taking handbaggage, except a really small bag, and that this was going to be the new policy. Did i hear it wrong RussetHouse, i admit i was rushing round.