Life insurance question

Dinks

I am not sure which section of the forum this post should be in, so excuse me if I have got it wrong!

We remortgaged our UK property in order to buy our house in 09 which is now our main residence - the UK house is let out on a long term basis. However, I am having trouble getting insurance to cover the mortgage should either of us pop our clogs. UK life insurers will not cover us because we are no longer UK resident and French insurers will not cover a UK mortgage.... so are there any solutions? Just to make things more complicated, our main hobbies are mountaineering, climbing and skiing which are considered 'high risk'! Does anybody have any ideas how we can get cover??

Depending on your age profile and with the hobbies outlined, it would appear to me that it may be very expensive to obtain life cover. It is not difficult to obtain the life cover in either country to cover the period of the mortgage, the problem will be that you will be charged higer rates as normally the assurance premium for a mortgage protection policy will be far cheaper as the sum assured falls as the mortgage  period progresses.