Help, anyone coming to Vienne in the next two-weeks

Bugsy

If anyone is driving to the Vienne in the next couple of weeks and would be able to bring me a new radiator for my Jeep I would be very grateful. I will pay for it and have it delivered to your UK address, it just needs to be transported.

Please PM me if you can help

Gary.

probably no help whatsoever but.....

if your radiator is pierced: buy a cannister of expanding foam, give a good squirt to the damaged area both sides if possible, wait half an hour, trim off any excess, top up the fluid - drive off with a smile on your face :)

can't tell you how long it will last but it certainly works and can be useful as a standby.

Way past that little fix, I'm afraid GM. It blew a seam in the mountains near Gap on Tuesday. I purchased a can of 'Bars Leaks' (brilliant stuff) and it got me back to Poitiers yesterday. Strangely not leaking much when driving, but emptied itself with gusto every time we stopped. I used 14 litres of water but we got back in eleven hours. I've removed the rad today and pressure-tested it and it is 'totalled.

Thanks anyway

Gary.

It's not that strange that it empties when you stop: when moving, the air cools the water in it, (derrrr), and when you stop, the temperature rises, the water expands, up goes the pressure and out comes the water.

Seen it loads on old Vauxhalls........(1960's)

It's 4 weeks before I come again, but if you're stuck.......

• 2 weeks later...