Parking at Toulouse airport

monaco

Can anyone work out the car parking charges on the Toulouse airport website?  I need to leave my car for one week in July, and I believe Car Park 5 is best for that, but I am going back to the UK for three weeks in August, and I think it might be cheaper to take a room at the Campanile the night before the flight and take a taxi to the airport.  Mind you, when I did this at Bordeaux airport they taxi driver charge me  20 euros for a two minute trip from the airport hotel to the terminal.

Between 17 - 23 days will cost you 60 euros at Park 5.   It is pretty cheap - the shuttle bus starts at 4.00 am and it is wll fenced guarded etc.  Was pleasantly surprised to find that 9 days only cost me 20 euros.  It is a little way out of the airport but well signposted once you get there.  Some of the airport hotels (Ibis) have their own shuttle buses - so worth checking if you go the hotel route.

Hope that helps.

To latch on to this as I have an interest in Toulouse airport - do they offer a 'jump-start' service for flat batteries as some of the UK airport parking areas do? - oh for the days of the starting handle

Paul

Many thanks, Cerise, I think I  will just leave the car at the airport and not bother with the hotel.  On the subject of batteries, I have left my little 10 year old Nissan Micra at various airports in France for up to three months (family ill health prevented my return to France) and I have had no problem with my battery.  I don't have a clock in my car, except when the radio is on, but I believe that if you have one you have to take off your battery leads to stop it draining the battery.  Mind you, I know very little about car mechanics, but I'm sure we have some contributors who are knowledgeable.

I use the multi-story for short stays,  pick up drop off and Car Park 5 for long stays over 7 days, it is very reasonably priced although there is car park 3 next door, to the left of, the short stay which is under cover, but probably dearer than 5.

As for jump starting, I have never seen anybody in the car park to ask, I suspect that if you have that sort of a problem, you could of course disconnect or change your battery or have the car looked at,  you would have to wait until another person arrived and ask them if they had jump leads, the French are normally very accommodating if you have problems but in car park 5 you could have a long wait,,,,,,,,

We leave our vehicle at this carpark and it works out well. About 20-30 euros per week. Remember to allow an extra 15 minutes at least to get parked and get the shuttle to the airport. It's quite a long way.