Tesco Clubcard /P&O Discount ends .

Frederick

It would appear that after the 30th of November....  discounted fares on P&O ferries will no longer apply to bookings  where Tesco Clubcard vouchers are used .....I read that Tesco are seeking another carrier to accept their Clubcard vouchers and BF and LD Lines  may be approached re the Tesco Clubcard  scheme  ....It would appear Tesco vouchers can be exchanged for airmiles and these can still  be used for ferry crossing discounts ?...I know nothing about this.... as I do not get airmiles... and my Tesco Vounchers usually amount to one legs worth of the Xmas turkey .....I am sure sombody who swaps them for ferry tickets can  enlighten us ?

Hi. I regularly use my Tesco vouchers for travel with Eurotunnel. Simply convert your vouchers online with tesco.com to clubcard deals (look for the section which says where you can spend your vouchers).  You receive 4 times the amount in clubcard deals than vouchers  Tesco then send you your vouchers which you can spend with Eurotunnel. This summer I received a free crossing with Eurotunnel (as opposed to 400 pounds with Brittany Ferries) and have also got enough vouchers for another free crossing in October! Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
The removal of P&O from the Tesco clubcard deals scheme is a sad loss after the initial removal of the P&O Le havre route. We have saved £1,000s over the years esp on Bilbao crossings. Howver, you can also convert your Tesco clubcard vouchers into Air Miles which can then be used to purchase ferry crossings via any of the major operators inc P&O, Brittany, DFDS and Condor. You have to phone Air Miles on 0870 55 777 22 for the price though and thus I have no idea whether it's cost effective.