Selling on French eBay from UK?

WJT

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything. I have been buying things on eBay on the UK and French sites for our renovation here in France. I have bought things on the UK site for delivery here in France without any problems. In fact, I have bought a few items on the UK eBay site from people located here in France but have never seen adverts on the French site from UK locations. Having said that, I have seen many products for sale from other locations such as China on the French site.  I would assume the income would be reported in the UK not France.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice. [:)]

We are not living in France permanently at the moment and didn't know what complications would be involved selling on the French ebay site from the UK. It is just a thought at the moment and feel I may see a need for a product here in France. Before I looked into it further, thought it would be best to see what legal implications may be involved.

Thanks for the information will have a further look at UK sellers on the French site starting with cars. [:)]

You can list on any eBay site you choose (e.g. a French resident can list on com, uk, de, fr, au, ca, etc.).

You can do all this from one ID, which is registered in the country where you live, tax on the income will be payable there.

In the UK, if you buy to sell, you must tell HMRC even if you're not making a profit. 

If you're tax resident in France you must register at the CdC and pay charges like any other commercant