Easy Jet Speedy boarding/Speedy check in

David_Janet

I don't know whether Easy Jet has changed their procedures, but when we arrived at Gatwick on Sunday for our flight to Toulouse, there was an unusually long queue at 'Speedy boarding' (20 odd people) and not many people at the other check-in desks.

We were early, (an hour before we needed to officially check in), so I asked the Easy Jet rep (the guy who wanders around in a yellow waistcoat and muttering into a radio) why there was such a long queue, and he said not to worry, we could check in there and then, using any of the other check in desks.

Unusually, there were several desks with very few people, so we chose one with about 3 people i front of us, and checked straight in.

It was actually the desk for the flight to Milan, but the girl at the desk said it was OK to check in for Toulouse.

We were pleased that we didn't have to hang around until official check-in time, bought a bit annoyed that we'd paid for Speedy Check-in for nothing!

I did notice that they stuck a small bar code sticker on each suitcase (besides the large one around the handle). I wonder if they now have a fully automated system, and it doesn't matter when, or which desk is used, the luggage is correctly routed.

David

I never bother with speedy boarding.  It is quite funny really because when I fly out of Bristol, the speedyboarders make a line all looking pleased with themselves  but what they dont know is when they actually go through, they have got to sit on a bus for 30 minutes whilst everyone else is being checked through.  Then, when everyone else gets onto the bus, the speedyboarders get pushed to the back. 

Me? I go through last, get on the bus last, get off the bus and onto the plane first.  No fuss, no worrying and no expense. [:)]

Can we get some smug smilies?