Speedferries Refund

Good news and bad news:

Good - Today I got our refund (back onto Mastercard Credit Card) of £168 for the unused 6 crossings Flex ticket we bought in September.

Bad -  I have just spent £130 of it on a P&O outbound / Tunnel inbound return crossing for February. 

The wording in the refund letter is a tad cautious saying things like.....it may be necessary to return to you at a later date should our actions be questioned or if further information is received.

Presumably this is just standard procedure to protect their position in the event that something like a Danish fairy godmother appears soon.

[quote user="Nearly Retired"]

The wording in the refund letter is a tad cautious saying things like.....it may be necessary to return to you at a later date should our actions be questioned or if further information is received.

Presumably this is just standard procedure to protect their position in the event that something like a Danish fairy godmother appears soon.

[/quote]

This very much the standard wording I have had on the occasions when I have had to claim back money form a card company. It is highly unlikely you will hear from them again regarding your situation.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

I today got the £250 debit card transaction refunded by Nationwide, see the thread under the finance section for details.

Now do I chance my arm with Norfolklines, Seafrance etc with anoher block booking (once bitten etc) or just hope that I will be able to find something reasonable at last minute by avoiding the holidays and travelling away from peak hours?