Ryanair cancellation of flights due to Strike Action

Hi all,

Just a heads up - we have just received an email from Ryanair cancelling

our Limoges-East Midlands flight scheduled for next Tuesday 12 October

The message reads;

"As a result of Strike Action by French Air Traffic Controllers from

1800 (UK time) 11 October until 0600 (UK time) 13 October 2010 we have

been forced to cancel your flight...."

The advice is that you can transfer to the next available flight free of charge or obtain a refund for the cancelled flight.

Best,

Tracy & Della

At least you know now! You've probably been sitting wondering, maybe assuming cancellation, but at least it's confirmed.

We're due to fly with them around lunchtime on 13th, so we'll be hanging about a bit longer yet! I think I've assumed our flight might be cancelled too. OH suggested driving back to UK for the 2 weeks, but as petrol supplies might well be threatened following blockades, I don't think I fancy in case we get stranded part way through France - it's a long drive! [:(]

It seems the strike is building up to be bigger than the others. Maybe they'll decide that support is growing enough to take on the government and try to overthrow it. More college students seem to be getting behind it. Shades of 1968!

[quote user="gardengirl "]At least you know now! You've probably been sitting wondering, maybe assuming cancellation, but at least it's confirmed.

We're due to fly with them around lunchtime on 13th, so we'll be hanging about a bit longer yet! I think I've assumed our flight might be cancelled too. OH suggested driving back to UK for the 2 weeks, but as petrol supplies might well be threatened following blockades, I don't think I fancy in case we get stranded part way through France - it's a long drive! [:(]

It seems the strike is building up to be bigger than the others. Maybe they'll decide that support is growing enough to take on the government and try to overthrow it. More college students seem to be getting behind it. Shades of 1968![/quote]

We're flying on the 13th as well: judging by what has happened thus far, all flights will operate normally on the 13th. However, according to Midi Libre if the blockade of Fos is not lifted then petrol supplies should start to run low in 2-3 weeks.

Regards

Pickles

Comment this afternoon from a normally reliable contact in Paris, who's tending towards thinking the strike might well continue for more than one day.  [:'(] He's normally very measured about these thing, so it's unusual he's commented in this way.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we'll be able to get away (you as well, of course!), especially as I have a whole pile of appointments from Friday onwards. Ho hum, could be like the volcanic ash episode again, rebooking flights etc!

[quote user="gardengirl "]Comment this afternoon from a normally reliable contact in Paris, who's tending towards thinking the strike might well continue for more than one day.  [:'(] He's normally very measured about these thing, so it's unusual he's commented in this way.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we'll be able to get away (you as well, of course!), especially as I have a whole pile of appointments from Friday onwards. Ho hum, could be like the volcanic ash episode again, rebooking flights etc![/quote]

Have a look at Midi Libre:

http://www.midilibre.com/articles/2010/10/10/A-LA-UNE-Les-appels-a-la-greve-de-mardi-reconductible-ou-non-fleurissent-1415885.php5

Although strikes in other sectors may continue beyond Tuesday, those affecting aviation have been called for 24 hours only.

Regards

Pickles