HOTEL RESERVATION DEPOSITS

Ebbie

I made an e-mail reservation at a Paris Hotel for 75 Euro per night with the understanding that they need a non-refundable one night deposit in the event of non-arrival. I did not show up so I believe I do owe the deposit of one night. But they charged me 110 Euro rack price which was never communicated to me or stated on their website. Nor did I receive a receipt of any kind from them. Do I have any recourse? No hurry.

Ebbie,

If you paid for this hotel with a credit card, the best thing to do is get on to the card company and tell them your problem.

We had a problem with a car hire company in France this year, after one phone call to Amex, we had a 40% refund in days. [:D]

If you did not pay on credit card this time, always make sure you do in future.

If you booked a room and didn't bother to phone or  e mail and cancell, well then you should be charged the rack rate they would probebly not be able to book the room out and might have turned people away, it happens to us alot, and we dont take credit cards therefore lose the booking, why can people not just ring up and cancell as soon as they know, Ive sat up till 12mn waiting for people to turn up and when I do get in touch with them and theyjust say  we changed our minds!, its really frustrating especally when its a small buisness and its not worth taking deposits etc for 1 night,  I wish I could charge for the amount of no shows we have had,and all the people Ive turned away for the room!