Ryanair (again)

soupagirl

We're flying to Rome this week with Ryanair, and online check-in time was 9.45am today. OH had his finger poised on the button bang on time. Guess what? No possibility of sitting together, the seats allocated are several rows apart. Fair enough, if all available pairs of seats were spoken for. But oh no.......you can only select two seats together if you pay an extra 8€, and basically it seems that if you are not prepared to pay up, you can go whistle for your seats together even though there are some available. Now I know 8€ isn't a lot, but there's be another 8€ for the return flight, and, it's the principle of the thing. Next thing will be they'll install rows of those ceiling straps found in buses, and you'll have to stand up holding onto one of these for the duration of the flight, unless you cough up 20€ for the privilege of sitting in a seat. Will be avoiding them if at all possible in the future.

[quote user="soupagirl"] Next thing will be they'll install rows of those ceiling straps found in buses, and you'll have to stand up holding onto one of these for the duration of the flight, unless you cough up 20€ for the privilege of sitting in a seat. Will be avoiding them if at all possible in the future.[/quote]

If only they were permitted by the legislators to do that there would be far more destinations one could fly to, it would open up new property hotspots and when the demand is seen the traditional carriers would offer their normal service at a normal price.

I would love the possibimity to travel in the rear bed of a pick up truck, to hang of the side/rear/roof of a bus and to travel the same journey time on a plane as I can already do on a train.

Wont happen though until I travel again.

And how can someone be outraged at paying only €20 for the comfort of a seat if they need or desire it? - Think back to how much any flight used to cost and €20 is a bargain especially in todays money, you pay more than that for a supposedly VIP check in on a ferry, somewhere to sit, a cup of coffee and a newspaper and the first to board.

Agree that for young kids it's an extra expense - though from experience not as bad as a rather long car journey with them!

OH has been positively ecstatic with the idea that we would not be sitting next to them (agreed that it's after reaching dependency age).

Must admit they didn't particularly like the idea of sitting next to me(us) as well!!!!!