Elections Municipal - Standing as a candidate - Proof of eligibility required

Mike1958

For my sins I am a member of the contending "liste" for the Elections Municipal in March. All members of the list must register by the 1st of February and to do so I have been asked to provide proof of eligibility that I am no longer eligible to vote in the UK.

We are resident here in the Pyrenees, we completed our P85 when we left etc.

Has anyone had to do this before - and if so how did you provide the necessary documentation?

Many regards,

Mike

Hello,

I like you have decided to do the same. I am in dept 34 in one of the villages close to Montpellier. I have also been asked for the same thing. I have spoken to Consul in Montpellier and Marseille, both very helpful but couldn't really give me a clear answer. Like you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

FC Moux

FC Moux,

I had the same sort of help (or lack of it) from both the Embassy in Paris and the consulate. I have now contacted the Electoral Services department of the council in the UK where we last lived, they have provided a letter stating the date that I last voted and that I am no longer on the electoral role for that address/constituency.

This may or may not be of help, however our prospective Mayor is having a meeting with the senior Prefecture for the Midi Pyrenees today to find out exactly what is needed, so one I know I will update the thread accordingly.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for your update, I am looking forward to hearing how your prospective  Mayor got on. In addition did you contact the Electoral service through the Electoral commission website?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I hope I can return the favour in the future.

Many thanks

Fc Moux

[quote user="FCMoux"]

Hello,

I like you have decided to do the same. I am in dept 34 in one of the villages close to Montpellier. I have also been asked for the same thing. I have spoken to Consul in Montpellier and Marseille, both very helpful but couldn't really give me a clear answer. Like you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

FC Moux

[/quote]

Hi FCMoux,

Good news for me following the meeting with the Prefecture. The letter from the UK was fine, and all that I need to provide along with it is my own attestation stating the same.

I am glad this has been cleared up because I am due to hold a municipal meeting the day before the election with the theme of "Luchon in Europe", which will not be my only contribution as I have input into Tourism and Commerce as well.

Good luck