certificate urbanisme

woody234

last year i got a CU for converting my barn to a house which was excepted, now Im thinking of getting a permis de construct to build a house next to the barn instead of converting the barn, do you think  i need to apply for another CU or do I go for a permis de construct

As the question looks familiar, please accept a familiar answer.[:P]

Sounds like you need a trip to the Mairie. On the face of it you would probably get a P de C for a house, but it may depend on how big your terrain is. If you want to do some homework before talking to the authorities you need to know how big your plot is, whether it is zoned for construction and what the Coefficient d'Occupation du Sol (COS) is. This last bit defines how much floor area a house on the site can occupy compared to the whole site.

I'd expect all this information to be somewhere in your CU. When we got our CU the notes that came with the application form included a summary of things like the standard COS for different zones and restrictions on things like eaves and ridge height. You might need to look at the Plan d'Occupation des Sols (POS) which gives the detailed rules for your commune.

I presume that you already know that building a house bigger than 170 sq m SHON requires an architect.