Attracting Birds to my garden

Some time ago there was a post about recorded bird songs, which at that time I was very interesting in purchasing.  I love the sound of birds and thought it would be nice back ground music while I sipped my wine on the veranda.

Until someone on the forum mentioned that this may put off other birds from staying in my garden as they are territorial.  He suggested feeding them in the winter and encouraging them to stay, for the summer.  A big THANK YOU to this kind person.

I now have a large number of birds who live either in or close to my house.  I listen to the birds singing all day long.  It's so peaceful and I do not have to turn the DVD player on, saving on electricity! 

I had not realised how intelligent they are.  When the feeder is empty they let me know, when it is replenished there is a different sound.  They call to their family's and with in a short time there are a back in the garden.  They know where I keep the food and if I have not filled the feeder they help themselves!...  Not to be encouraged because they are messy eaters.

I adore cats but decided not to have one as I enjoy having the birds around.

This forum does give encouragement as well as information.