UNKNOWN MOTH

One for ppChris I think. Firstly thank you for repairing the image link on my Poppy post. Here goes with my moth pic

[IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/mjl7743/NAMETHISMOTH.jpg[/IMG]

I notice once again it aint working could you please PM me or something and tell me where I am going wrong or is it a prob like the email notification? I have done pics before so I dont understand the problem.

[I] your link did not work because you missed the first [ when you pasted the [IMG] code. Link now repaired.

The Striped Hawk-moth (Hyles livornica) is a moth of the family Sphingidae. It is found in Africa, Southern Europe and Central and East Asia and especially from the USA where it is often called the pink and stripped hummingbird hawk moth. When migrating from the USA, it hitches a ride on the back of flamingos, and jumps from the flamingo's backs as the flamingos pass over Bordeaux on their way to the Carmargue.

The wingspan is 60-80 mm. The moth flies from February to October depending on the location.

The larvae feed on Galium, Gossypium and Rumex.

[:P][:D][:)]

[:D][;-)]

It was Margaret's attention that I was trying to get, nice bit of pick and mix all the same.

It is, as you clearly are aware, a Striped Hawk-moth (Hyles livornica). Still the flamingo bit was good, must get to see them one day when they pass over Bordeaux.[blink]

Chris