Bees Nest!

We have noticed that over the past couple of weeks as well as flying ants we have had a number of bees coming from somewhere in one of our rental properties. Once out from where they have been they have been unable to get out and died in a short space of time. They are like small bumble bees 'Black,yellow & white stripes' Anyway a few have been hanging around by the front door and I think I can see a small space how they could of come in. I had to block up any hole inside that I could find to try and stop them from coming out inside the property, which seems to have worked.

Anyway I have found them. They are behind a plasterboard wall in the bathroom area. We have a triangle space behind the toilet boxed in with a shelf on the top and they are in this area aswell as behind the plasterboard wall. I have found this by knocking on the wall etc and listening for the sound 'And what a sound I can hear' How on earth can I get them out of this space?? We thought about going and seeing the Mairie in the morning to ask advice but am also asking for your advice people. Could a bee keeper come and maybe take the shelf off and take them away is possible or what if they are higher up in the wall. I can't say that I would like to take the plasterboard wall down and be attacked by hundreds of angry bees.

We have people booked to stay in this property next weekend, Arrrrgh. Please anyone any ideas.

Thankyou.    

I think we / I need to know what they are before being able to give advice.

But, just in case, have a look at this...

http://www.planetepassion.eu/WILDLIFE-IN-FRANCE/Asian-Hornet_Vespa-velutina-nigrithorax_Frelon%20asiatique_France.html

I think it's very unlikely given where they are but I killed a colony the other night at someones house where they were nesting inside a large barrel.

Chris

Hi Chris

No they are Bee's not wasps or hornets. As I said they are like smaller versions of what people call bumble bee's. Probably about 1.5 centimetres long and have yellow white and black body. They are 100% bee's. Fat furry things as I said just like bumble bees but smaller.

We had very similiar sort of things happen in another property about a month ago we went in to clean as it had been empty a while and found about 60-70 small brown bees about the same size as these others but they were all brown. they were all dead underneath our double glass doors, Overcome by the heat I would imagine when trying to get out.

Any ideas.

Sure, loads of ideas.

What you currently have would appear to be Bumblebees. What you are seeing are the males or workers which are half the size of a female queen which I assume you are thinking of when you say "Bumblebee".

I would suggest you leave them alone, they don't do any harm and will disappear at the end of the season.

Chris

Sure, loads of ideas.

What you currently have would appear to be Bumblebees. What you are seeing are the males or workers which are half the size of a female queen which I assume you are thinking of when you say "Bumblebee".

I would suggest you leave them alone, they don't do any harm and will disappear at the end of the season.

Chris