Anyone lost a bird?

Bugsy

Just sitting outside with a coffee this morning and this arrived in our garden. Too much for Henri to cope with, who promptly chased it up on to the power lines.

I have no idea where it has come from.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/P1000274.jpg[/IMG]

I know a french lady who has one, they seem to be quite terratorial, so perhaps a neighbour? They dont fly as such, a bit like a chicken. They live in tree's especially at night for protection. They are quite noisy birds when they squark, so perhaps not a nighbour otherwise you would have heard it if they were close enough. I know the french lady who has it breeds them as well. If they loose their mate they will go searching for her as was this ladys case when her female got run over last year. I would try and look locally if he doesnt move off on his own.

Thanks vida, the Vallee de Singes is not too far from us and I know they have peacocks there, I'll give them a ring.

Its strutting around the neighbours garden now, quite happy as they do not have a dog.

Gary.

Lovely creatures, but very loud! We once stayed at a pub in Derbyshire where they had a number of peacocks. Our room overlooked an outhouse, where 7 peacocks lined up each morning at a most ungodly hour, squaked for about half an hour, then wandered off. We were wide awake by then, and not quite as keen on peacocks at close quarters!