Open University - L192 Bon depart course - the first TMA

Andrewjspencer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andy

I have only just seen your post.  I got mine in OK and yesterday received an email from my tutor to say we should get the mark by the end of this week.

At the weekend I bought a small Sanyo dictaphone type tape recorder to start the next assignment with. I find it so embarrassing listening to myself, I have no french accent what so ever. I know what I want to say but it just comes out sounding so English.

Diana

George, my husband, was very, very pleased with himself when he received his marked TMA in the post this morning.  So good luck to both of you too.

Yesterday, I received my first mailing of books for L211 Nouvel Envol starting in Feb 2005, scary stuff!!  . I am also impatiently awaiting result of L120 Ouverture which is due on 16th!

Milly

[quote]Hi All, got my TMA1 mark today and I am very pleased with it. Need to knuckle down now for TMA2 I know how English I sound when recording my spoken french ! Still, I am told it is better than tryi...[/quote]

... same here, got mine on the 19th (or so) of November. 100%... i just submitted TMA 2 this morning... well before the cut off date and am beginning the third TMA as we speak.

... trying to get the accent right is the best part. I recommend buying some dictation software (or using a demo) after writing the scriptfor what you want to say down on some paper. I must have recorded it a couple of dozen times before i was satisfied with the content, accent and duration.

[quote]I have a Powerbook too so maybe this is what I need. I will read up on it on Amazon. Thanks Diana[/quote]

Its been developed by a company called 'realmac software' and i think it works well. If you spend the £9 or so pounds to unlock it you can export it to itunes, an ipod and organise how you see fit. It really is surprisingly good.

Sorry I am late in joining in this - had the flue - got my first TMA back week before Christmas, got 98 - only two errors, used un instead of une and misheard the tape, thought he said twelve, not two euros. 

Posted TMA2 off well in advance but bit uneasy with the accent, still, will have to wait and see.  Very lucky in that my tutor is actually french and very helpful.

TMA3 is a bit scary, dont know how to translate my job into French (Housing Officer) dont think they have the equivalent.

Paula

[quote]Sorry I am late in joining in this - had the flue - got my first TMA back week before Christmas, got 98 - only two errors, used un instead of une and misheard the tape, thought he said twelve, not two...[/quote]

I did a brief check in a big dictionary i have and the closest thing i can find is:

Ministre de l'Urbanisme

Hope this helps...