Open Uni L211

Sfgraveston

How are we all getting on with the course? I'm quite enjoying it and am learning a lot. Would however like to have more written work marked. Doing the written assignments I could (and probably am) making loads of errors.

Which summer school are you all attending at Caen? I'm going to the firts one on the 9th July. If anyone wants a lft there (but not back) I'm going early on that Saturday morning - ferry at 7.45am. Let me know if you want to share costs - I'm based in Cambridge.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

How do you find the course. I am thinking of doing it in feb I have seen some of the course notes and it seems quite intensive. What is the oral content like. I have spent 3 years doing GCSE and A level  by distance learning and that seems to be the down fall.

Many Thanks

Richard

I'm enjoying the course very much and have learnt a great deal. The oral element of the course comes in three parts - half of the assignments are recorded on tape by the student, there are monthly tutorials held entirely in French. and there is a one week summer school at Caen which is also totally in French.

They reckon the course takes 12-14 hours per week but I've not always felt the need to do quite that much.

Richard - have you a house in the Aude near Mirepoix and Fanjeaux? If yes we could meet up when we are both in the area.

Stuart

• 3 weeks later...
I've enjoyed the tutorials but I'm not sure how much you can accomplish in a group of 12 in 2 hours once a month despite often working in pairs or threes.

I'm particularly looking forward to the summer school in Caen which will be 6 gdays of nothing but French.