Prelim to L211

Choochoo

Hi everybody

I have done French for 2 years at evening classes in UK and have lived in France for a year now, picking up quite a lot. My question is do you think it necessary to take the starter course to L211 (which I think is L120) or should I go straight in and start L211 ? Obviously it would save money, but also I dont want to waste a year going over what I already know.

Advice would be appreciated from those already on L211. Also any idea of the cost of L211 to study in France. ?

Thanks to all in advance.

John(50)

A few years ago I completed L120 and Envol (which was then a 30 point course) by the APEL route (Accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning), which is cheaper and time saving. I don't know if the OU still offer that possibility, but it would be worth finding out if you could complete L120 in that way. It involved completing one written and one spoken assignment I think, and then there was an oral exam conducted over the phone. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the cost of studying in France, but you can enquire by email via the OU website (I did so recently and received a reply about a week later).