How to say sorry

Owens88

If you bump into someone you say "Excusez-moi" or "Pardon"

If you are asking for directions you say "Excusez-moi!  Je cherche...."

If you have gotten lost with said directions and you see the same person again you say "Je suis dèsolé,mais j'ai pas bien compris la premiere fois......"

If the person says you're completely useless you say " Je m'excuse, mais vous avez dit QUOI!"

Now I know that this is nothing to do with saying sorry and more about getting confused with one of those "mots dangereux" which sound the same as an English word but don't necessarily mean the same, but when you come across two people in a supermarket isle gassing away and you can't get through with your trolley, just what DO you say.  I've said "excusez-moi, madame" "excusez-moi, s'il vous plait" but I presume it's wrong cos people stop talking, look at me and then carry on as before without moving.  Are they just blatantly rude or am I really from another planet, saying something totally ludicrous?

[quote user="Scarlett"]... when you come across two people in a supermarket isle gassing away and you can't get through with your trolley, just what DO you say.  ...?[/quote]

What about "Vous permettez, mesdames?" while smiling sweetly and pushing your trolley over their feet?

Angela