Regulations concerning right of entry

annie

Hi

I am a newbee so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere - can't find the answer anywhere.

We are planning to move to our French place within the next 2 years. We will both be in receipt of a government pension (but not a state pension ) Our pensions are taxed at source. Our resources will reach the required RMI (as mentioned by Sunday Driver 15/09/07 at the top of this section) and we don't have any problems with the other requirements!! - although my husband would say I was a threat to public order first thing in the morning [6]

1) We have E111's but does this still cover us?

2) What are the cost implications for healthcare cover? Humour me here - 2 x middle aged folk in reasonable condition, no previous owners

3) If we were able to have our pensions taxed in France - which I have heard we can - would the payment of these taxes qualify us for healthcare as if we were working and paying into the system?

Please help keep my french dream alive x [kiss]

1. No

2. If you can get an E106 form you will get the same cover as a French person, you will need top-up insurance for the rest. After about two years, when the E106 expires, unless you qualify for E121 as being over UK state retirement age, you will need private health assurance.

3. You do not normally get a choice about where you are taxed. By agreement, most UK government pensions are taxable in Britain. Even if you are taxed in France this alone does not give you entry into the health care system.