Accordzéam

SaligoBay

Just been to see this little group this evening, and they were very very good.

http://accordzeam.monsite.wanadoo.fr/index.jhtml

Venue was a church, can't remember the last time I sat in a church for more than 3 seconds, but the suffering on the hard pews was worth it for a change.  Those Tracy boys sure know how to handle their equipment.

Don't you love it when French singers sing in English, it's always fun.   "Summertime, and the living is eeeezeeee, feeeeeesh are jaaaaaampeeeeng....".   She had a lovely voice, and the violinist was out of this world.  He did things with it that I'd never even dreamed were possible.

I'm happy. 

Never heard of them, but I agree with you entirely. We've had great times with obscure French groups particularly when they sing in English - French is a wonderful language but it just seldom seems to scan properly as song lyrics.

Looked at the site and the pics - despite the name, not an accordeon in sight, thankfully from the point of view of French stereotypes, but personally a little disappointed as somebody who used to play diatonic accordeon (better known as melodeon) in England years ago. I played bass too though.