Preserving Figs?

Jonzjob

Hi folks,

Anyone know if it's possible to preserve figs. We are in rented at the moment and have a lovely green fig tree in the garden. When we first arrived, all of 4 weeks ago, we were told that they wern't ripe until they turned purple-ish. They kept on falling off the tree when they went a pail green, so making sure the loo was free I tried one. Surprise or what! They are lovely, juicy and sweet... Keep you going through the day too  , energy wise that is. Is it possible to preserve them in Eau de Vie? It would be a shame to let too many rot where they fall. We are already eating lots and scraping boat loads off the floor, don't half make a splat when they land!

I haven't tried the search, every time I have since the upgrade it's failed to get past page 1.

Hope someone can help otherwise we will have to bite the bullet and try it anyway?

John.

We have tons of them at the moment.  I have been making both fig jam and fig chutney - the chutney is delicious with goats cheese.  Both recipes are really easy and not time-consuming either - I have two young kids to entertain!  PM me if you would like the recipes.

Deby

• 4 weeks later...