A Creamy lemon pudding...not for the dieters!

Wendy

Here it is...heat up 1/2 of one of those large cartons of creme fraiche and a tablespoon of castor sugar. Sweeten more if you like.  DONT boil it!. When nice and warm, cut two lemons/limes in half and strain the juice into the cream mix. Stir. Remove from heat straightaway. Pour into serving glasses equally and bung into the fridge for a couple of hours till it sets. Serve with one of those sponge finger thingy's. The secret to this is use as much creme fraiche as you like but balance it with the sugar...it should not be toooo sweet before you add the lemon/lime juice.

I think I'll give that one a 'wide berth'[:D]

Wen please dont give your guests sponge finger thingys unless you are serving prawn cocktail for starters followed by steak diane and chips.

My tip would be to finely grate some lemon zest, sprinkle lightly into the centre of the dish and serve with a homemade brandy snap just poking out of the side.

Sure, take 1/2 gallon of diesel, drive up to asda, pick up a box from the extra special range drive home, unpack them, put them on a plate in fridge and remove just as guests arrive pulling an expression like you've been hard at it all day and pop each one into each creamy lemon pudding. (leave butter and sugar laying around on work top)