Sauté de porc

CBC

I have a couple of 'old favourites' for cooking pork in a pan on top of the stove.  I use pork tenderloin cut into strips and both recipes pretty much start off the same.  Cook sliced onions and garlic in a little butter and oil till soft then remove from pan.  Turn up heat and when v hot add pork and cook quickly for a few mins.  Turn heat back down and add the onions & garlic.  Then add a little liquid - stock, white wine, Noilly Prat, whatever you fancy.  Cook on v low simmer for about 15 mins.  Then comes the choices. 

1. Turn up the heat and either add some warm brandy and flambe till the flames have gone and then add creme fraiche, stir tillthickened slighty, check seasoning and serve.

2. Mix english mustard, Dijon mustard and grain mustard - in proportions of your choice - into creme fraiche.  Add to pork mixture and cook till thickened slightly.  Check seaoning and serve.  (This is a Delia recipe and can probably be found on her website).

Don't know if this is what you had in mind?

Lynda

[quote user="Innocents Abroad"]

I have a couple of 'old favourites' for cooking pork in a pan on top of the stove.  I use pork tenderloin cut into strips and both recipes pretty much start off the same.  Cook sliced onions and garlic in a little butter and oil till soft then remove from pan.  Turn up heat and when v hot add pork and cook quickly for a few mins.  Turn heat back down and add the onions & garlic.  Then add a little liquid - stock, white wine, Noilly Prat, whatever you fancy.  Cook on v low simmer for about 15 mins.  Then comes the choices. 

1. Turn up the heat and either add some warm brandy and flambe till the flames have gone and then add creme fraiche, stir tillthickened slighty, check seasoning and serve.

2. Mix english mustard, Dijon mustard and grain mustard - in proportions of your choice - into creme fraiche.  Add to pork mixture and cook till thickened slightly.  Check seaoning and serve.  (This is a Delia recipe and can probably be found on her website).

Don't know if this is what you had in mind?

Lynda

[/quote]

Will give these a go, though I'm not sure what bits of pork I've got, I just picked up a pack in Aldi.  Many thanks.

Delia also has a lovely recipe for pork casserole with shallots & cider vinegar:  

Roughly, sauté the chunks of pork (I usually cut the packaged pork sauté into smaller, even sized pieces) in oil & butter then remove from the pan.  Brown some whole shallots, (good value in Lidls) approx a dozen per kilo of meat, then replace pork & add 1 pint cider, and 5fl oz cider vinegar, fresh thyme and a couple of bay leaves. Bring to simmer then transfer to oven. Cook at approx 170°c without lid on for about 1 and quarter hours until liquid reduced and meat tender.  

If you can be bothered to, Delia says strain the pork & shallots from the liquid & keep warm whilst reducing it further then add 1-2 tbsp créme fraîche before combining it all together. We like lots of sauce, so I just chuck a carton of créme fraîche into the pot when it's ready to serve. Delicious combination of creamy and tangy.

Prunes also go well with pork and of course, apples. I often just chuck in whatever veggies I have available - onions, peppers, leeks, tomatoes etc, with some apples & white wine or cider and a handful of herbs & spices. Not too much garlic as it can overwhelm the pork flavour.