Straight'un or a bent'un

idun

I prefer bent myself, and I prefer 'natur' and not smothered in jam or butter, which appals me. In fact, I find it revolting when I see croissants messed around with, although I love dunking them[:D]

Will it make tescos any better if they straighten them? They say they are doing this so people can spread their marmalade on them more easily, beurk............ still each to their own......... I suppose[+o(]

I heard that the straight croissants are supposed to be pur buerre and the crescent shaped ones are not ? I agree with you Idun I like mine without butter or jam. If you have croissants at Cafe Rouge in U.K. they serve them with butter and a tiny jar of Bonne Maman jam. I always take the jam home to give to my grandchildren.?

No idea why would anyone buy a croissant that was not pur beurre, and delicious. Although not all boulangers are created equal and the best I have ever tasted was in Les Carroz in the Haute Savoie!

This is like buying or making a brioche that isn't packed with loadsa butter. If I'm going to be 'naughty' I like to go the whole hog.

I suppose that Cafe Rouge is only catering to their market.