The BMW saga continues...

Dear Diary

Tuesday - Went up to Angers to visit the BMW dealer and price up a matching top box for the new Streetfighter[:D].

"Desole, but zer isn't one available for zat model, monsieur..."

Oh well, that's saved me a fortune I suppose.  So, plan B - put my old Kappa box on the back. 

Next thing, the BMW guy is taking me next door into the Suzuki dealership (same group) and introduces me to Thierry the parts man.  Thierry confirms that a Givi mounting kit will take the Kappa box and orders one for me.  No deposit required and the kit will be here on Thursday.

Yesterday - Rode across to Parthenay to book the bike in for a service at my local independent BMW bike shop. When I tried to explain that the throttles needed balancing and could he do it, he looked at me like he was inspecting a dustbin and said "I think I can manage that OK".  Never mind, we parted as friends and the bike's booked in for next Tuesday.

Today - Thierry calls me - le kit est arrivee.  So it's off up the autoroute to Angers again. 

Very nice welcome (recognises me as soon as I walked in - Bonjour Monsier Hardy!)  Paid for the stuff and had a wander round the clothing racks, but desperate for a pee, so I had to interrupt Thierry who was busy with another customer.  Thierry drops the punter and leads me through the workshop to the loo and even opens the loo door and switches on the light for me!.  No touching, mind!

Back into the BMW shop to buy a little BMW badge to flash up the old topcase.  The parts guy is peering at the computer looking for the one I want.  I say "look, just give me a screwdriver and I'll help myself..."  He laughs his socks off (blimey, I'm not usually that funny), then finally turns up the exact badge and says "zat will be "three euros thirty, please".  My stunned "bloody hell, that's cheap" merely brought a smirk to his face. 

"Not everyzing is expensive with a BMW, Monsieur".......   

Hello SD ,

So how did you get on at the BMW bike doctors to-day ?   Really,--- that bad---- how long ? ---- sorry to hear that , you're going to miss out on half the summer then !   Still think you did the right thing ?     [Www]

Regards socket

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Terrible day yesterday. 

Had to leave home in the rain and the bike's ended up with some dirty marks on it. 

[/quote]

Those Pipe Tobacco Stains can be a Devil to remove..................[:)]

------------" decrotive planishing "  what a lovely description for wilfull damage . I must remember to repeat that to myself over and over again the  next time I leave L'Eclerc carpark.  Thanks SD , I just know I'm going to feel a whole lot better .   [geek]

Hi SD

Just for my own curiosity, Was that you in the petrol station on the N10 on the way to Bordeaux yesterday (Friday) ?

I was on my way to the Troc in the Arcachon, (More furniture for SHMBO !!!)  I was in the red Trannie 

If it was then Hi [:D]   If it wasnt then  Hi anyway[blink]

Dogwood [8-|]