Transferring House in France owned by English Registered Company

On advice 5 years ago, as a UK resident I established a company registered at Companies House and through it, bought a house in France . There was no problem with the purchase  and the Notaire and since then I have paid the various taxes directly.

My question is whether or not this is still a sensible means of ownership or should I now close the company and tranfer ownership to myself and wife ?

Any advice welcome and any views as to the costs of transferring ownership e,g, would this be seen as a sale ?

thanks

I reckon that you'll have to pay all those taxes you paid the first time round again. It'll be classed as a new purchase. My neighbours divorced and he kept the house and he had to pay when it was transferred into his name.

Yep, that'll be a sale of the property, so you'd have to start with your bundle of diagnostic tests and then go through the usual sales channels paying the Notaire as you go. I suggest you'd need to take some tax advice on the way (more expense!) to make sure you don't get caught out somewhere down the line.