Insurance - for more than 1 bike

Nomad

Okay I know probably a stupid question and I am sure the answer is No! What is the question? [img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/blush.gif[/img]

1. Like some I have more than 1 bike plus the-lovely-wendy has 1 bike but is likely to get another this winter. In the UK you can get a "Multi-Bike" policy wich covers 2 or more bikes. Is it possible to do the same in France, if so anyone have any experience or even a phrase I can use when at the local Insurance dealer?
  2. Also when I insured my car - it was insured as anyone can drive it as long as they have the correct license is this the case with bikes?
  3. If either 1 and/or 2 is yes then could I technically insure all of our bikes on one policy  for both of us to ride and maybe visiting friends to ride also?

I suspect the answer is one bike one insurance policy but you can hope.

My insurer has our car insurance and both bikes. I don't think there is a multi bike policy over here (but stand to be corrected). Because all vehicles are insured with them we get a decent discount on the second and a bigger discount on the third.

Our bikes are insured, as the car is, for any driver. That is the nature of insurance here, it is the vehicle rather than the driver that is insured.