Some pictures

Bob T

Hi Dave.

From what I can make out the bike is a 450 Ducati of 60s ilk and don't let the drum brake fool you that is an Oldani double sided twin leading shoe brake, probably the best in its day and also a match for a disc brake. The other bike is a 750 Laverda (Lavatree) twin 70s ilk when I was doing crazy things, Club & National road racing.

Mr wiggy.

• 1 month later...

Nice looking Brazier though and not a spot of corrosion in sight, no doubt a  machine garaged in the living room. I know of a 900 Spondon Ducati kept in the kitchen, (Big Kitchen) as there is no room in the lounge because of two restored classic Kwakers 350&500 Tripples. 

Mr W.( as seen on B.P74-75 )

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/oakbri/BikeBoat.jpg[/IMG]

My first go at posting a picture so I hope it works. My two great loves together. I bought the bike new here in 2004. I know Ducatis are supposed to be red but I wanted a new one and in 2004 the 999 was already out so this was the only new one I could get. I have 2 tracks within 40 minutes of me. One costs about 60 euros per half day, the other one is FREE on friday, saturday and sunday and just 18 euros per hour at other times, so I regularly go there and take the bike by the scruff of the neck and give it a good ragging.

Err errr nope its not a handbag bikers bike, just well looked after its managed Porstmouth to Glencoe in 8 hours and went down to Le mans 24hrs last year. I will be over on it next week and its had about 13000 miles worth of winter and summer use.

I do wash it if its been wet and douse it in WD40 and thats all it gets.

I never ever use washing up liquid though always cheap car shampoo.

That Ducati in green is verde sexy!

[quote user="oakbri"]

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/oakbri/BikeBoat.jpg[/IMG]

My first go at posting a picture so I hope it works. My two great loves together. I bought the bike new here in 2004. I know Ducatis are supposed to be red but I wanted a new one and in 2004 the 999 was already out so this was the only new one I could get. I have 2 tracks within 40 minutes of me. One costs about 60 euros per half day, the other one is FREE on friday, saturday and sunday and just 18 euros per hour at other times, so I regularly go there and take the bike by the scruff of the neck and give it a good ragging.

[/quote]

Nice bike oakbri, I guess it is one of the Matrix ltd editions?

I have one of the last six 998S Final Editions, aquired through a factory contact - they found enough left over bits for six more after production ended. They were hand built and signed by all the production line staff under the mono seat unit in silver pen.

Oh to be young again, the last time I had my leg over a machine like that was the week after the M42 opened and I borrowed a new and slightly higher geared 900ss and boy oh boy did it go, all the way up to  6500 rpm the max was 7000rpm if my memory hasn't let me down it was about 140-145 MPH. As for the boat My mates old Pop had a power boat until he reached 78 and I did go out with him on one occasion, being an inquisitive youngster, the old bugger scared the hell out of me, so now I keep my feet on dry land. 

Mr W.

I'm jealous Bob

At the time of the release of the 999 the only 998's you could get new were my one ( yes its one of the Matrix Ltd editions, I think they built about 150 of them) and the far more desireable 998 Final Editions. However to afford one of the Final Editions I would have had to sell everything, including my soul to the devil. Yours sounds awesome, any photo's?