Track Day - Le Vigeant (86), 29 September

bmt

Well, when I say 'Track Day', it may not be quite the same as in UK ...

Full details and applications are at the [url=http://www.ffmc86.com/vigeant.php]FFMC86[/url] web site, but its €25 for FFMC members (€30 for non-members) for 3 x 20 minute sessions and a paddock-full of trade and authority diversions.  Non-combattants [;-)] can spectate and visit the paddock displays.

Being France, the regs are rather relaxed: leathers are 'recommended' rather than required, but baskets interdites -- I had to chuckle.

Subscription is first-come first-served, 250 riders total.  There's also a sidecar session.[+o(]

• 2 months later...
Dam thats cheap 30 euros for 3x 20min sessions wow ya would not get any change out of a 100 pounds if that was brands or donnny .Shame I am in england that weekend or ya could have counted me in on that bargain but there all ways a nother time keep us up to date on the track days thanks

I think I actually need a track day. I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence at the moment and an hour on a track would be just the thing for me to re-discover the bike. There's a track near me at La Châtre (in 36) - anybody know how track days work in France? Are they arranged by the track or by different companies (as in the UK)?

They are arranged by varied means, the track owners, some insurance companies and even the pompiers. Get yourself a brochure from the track and it should list the dates etc. The prices are very reasonable, compared to the UK and training and advice is also given.

Watch out for the 'richard heads' who ride in groups lower than their abilities so they can appear to be quicker than anyone else. At Vigeant, they are quickly spotted and get a quiet word in the 'lughole'.

Enjoy.

[quote user="yello"]I think I actually need a track day. I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence at the moment and an hour on a track would be just the thing for me to re-discover the bike. There's a track near me at La Châtre (in 36) - anybody know how track days work in France? Are they arranged by the track or by different companies (as in the UK)?
[/quote]

Normally by different companies, but some exceptions.

Here is good:

http://www.anneau-du-rhin.com/