Hi...

Beemer1150

Evening all,

Hello from a newbie - finally arrived in Charente Maritime from Devon, rode the bike over asap after the move (with some friends and in time for the classic racing at Angouleme) and now searching for a permanent garage/workshop - sorry, other half says that should read 'house'. May end up anywhere in 16 or 17 but will definately be watching this forum for any excuse for a ride out.

Have really enjoyed some rides on the quiet, dry roads in the last couple of months (Sunday lunchtimes seem to be a very good time to be out!) - a real change from all-weather, every day commuting in the UK! With the thermometer hovering around zero at the moment the bike's under its cover in the garage - I haven't quite got to grips with the climate here in 17 yet, will we have any good riding days this winter, and when can I expect Spring?

Impatient R1150R

Hello beemer, I also know diddly squat about bikes but also want to say hi and welcome.

We are just south of Pons and yep it's a tad chilly but I am sure there are going to be some great days for getting out on the bike ....... we have old cars and love using them this time of year ..........

Hi all, thanks for the welcome.

Acegundog, what's your interest in the classic 4 wheel scene?  I'm not completely biased in favour of two wheels - if it's old enough or interesting enough I don't mind an extra pair of wheels!

We're about 10 minutes south of Saintes and are in Pons quite often (new Leclerc, french classes and walking the dogs along the river!). Any classic events worth seeing? ('did' Angouleme quite thoroughly and caught the car/bike brocate in Saintes last weekend by accident!)

cold and impatient R1150R

Hi Beemer - we have a triumph herald and vitesse and a Riley RME................ Also went to the brocante last week - OH wants an old Solex to do up for the summer - truth is he is trying to avoid the job list I have for him on the house [:)]!!!!

Lessons in Pons - does that happen to be at the Centre Sociale on a Thursday?

We also go out from time to time with the Retro Club du Pons - they are a great bunch and it greatly helps with the lingo!