Banter not BSA

socket

Its gone very quiet of late , so whats up ?  Busy "moth balling" your bikes for winter or doing a decoke on the pipe, maybe fitting new toe sliders to your slippers.   Me, what have I been doing ? ------ writing to Father Xmas asking for a new Nolan helmet and a Carte Vitale . How about a rideout before Xmas ----- hello, HELLO---anyone out there ?  [Www]

Seasons Greetings

[quote user="Geordie girl"]

Can i come as pillion or whatever you call it. I`ve never ever been on a motorbike before.[kiss]

[/quote]

Nah!  Lets get our own motorbike and sidecar (you can be in the sidecar cos I can ride one).[;-)]

You'd be very welcome Geordie but you are a very long way from us.

Not sure that you would be too comfortable on the back of mine though...[:)]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0055.jpg[/IMG]

Taken last winter prior to a very interesting trip out.

Years and years old, in the days of seeing Thin Lizzie at Cheltenham Town Hall, my boyfriend had a BSA 250 that was so heavy that it took two of us to pick it up everytime it fell over.  Then he bought me a green BSA Bantam (so long ago, I've forgotten how to spell it) - a kind of 'his' and 'hers'. 

I remember my blond hair streaming in the wind (were helmets compulsory - I can't recall wearing one?) and my toes in high heeled sling-backs (remember them) getting cold on the way to parties.  In Cheltenham, Scrumpy was the cheapest drink to get you drunk during a lock-in.

Them were the days, them were (fade into the sunset) ..........

[quote user="Bob T"]I hope that you realise that most microlight pilots are, or have been, motorcyclists. We have both, but the microlight is much more fun and safer.
[/quote]

"much more fun"

than riding a BMW, possibly.......................[:)]

"and safer"

as safe as...................................maybe.

**"though the truth of the matter is that microlight flying is no more dangerous than any other adventure sport ..... but like any other adventure sport, it has to be taken seriously and doesn't suffer fools gladly."

**quote from M.A.

[quote user="Bugbear"]

[quote user="Bob T"]I hope that you realise that most microlight pilots are, or have been, motorcyclists. We have both, but the microlight is much more fun and safer.

[/quote]

"much more fun"

than riding a BMW, possibly.......................[:)]

"and safer"

as safe as...................................maybe.

**"though the truth of the matter is that microlight flying is no more dangerous than any other adventure sport ..... but like any other adventure sport, it has to be taken seriously and doesn't suffer fools gladly."

**quote from M.A.

[/quote]#

You have to remember Gary, that I did not pass my test at 17 on a BMW and then own one for the last 30 years, I have experience of other makes of bike too, have you ever owned a modern BMW?

I assume that you talk from experience if you suggest that microlights are only as safe as bikes, with on average 1.5 fatalities per annum in the UK, I think that you will find that microlighting is safer than fishing!

Who is MA?

[quote user="Bob T"]
You have to remember Gary, that I did not pass my test at 17 on a BMW and then own one for the last 30 years, I have experience of other makes of bike too, have you ever owned a modern BMW?
I assume that you talk from experience if you suggest that microlights are only as safe as bikes, with on average 1.5 fatalities per annum in the UK, I think that you will find that microlighting is safer than fishing!
Who is MA?
[/quote]

Crikey Bob, you're a bit touchy..................................

That quote came from the Microlight Aviation Club   not from me.

I know nothing about microlights but a fair amount about bikes. My quip about BM's was only a joke.

As regards 1.5 accidents per annun, I'm not sure where you got your figure from. Have a look at this. CAA site

Lighten up mate.

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Oops looks like i`ve started a row , sorry everybody, [6][/quote]   

No don't be sorry "hen" this is warming up nicely---------- Ok Bob your turn [:-))]                                                    

Never heard of the microlight aviation club before you mentioned it Gary, I get my info from the CAA and the BMAA (British Microlight Flying Association).

As I have offered before, I am willing to take you up for a jolly, (we don't call it a crash course) and then after the flight you can make your own mind up as to whether it is as much fun as a bike. I have both forms of fun, and have taken many bikers for flights who have become pilots, but you get yourself down here when the weather is a little warmer and then tell me what you think.

[quote user="Bugbear"]Any date in mind for a ride-out Socket ?[/quote]

How about Sunday the 16th or 23rd ----------by the way Gary, that quote from MA, " 1.5 accidents per year" . How does that half an accident work ? does it mean you have to wait untill the following year for the next 1.5 accidents to occur , and then contact the other odd half before you can put in an insurance claim together for one whole accident,  or what ! It beggars belief if these 1.5 accidents were fatilities . I think this is beyond us mate, better to ask Sunday Driver , what do you think !    [8-)]

In an ideal world , yes Mac, but what would be the chance of that happening ?   Like most , I'd be well into the pub scene before midnight waiting to celebrate the new year , not flying about in the dark wearing a leather helmet, silk scarf and goggles    [+o(]