Registering UK bike

Lizfjr

Some good news and some not so good news on this score.

I had 3 bikes to re register. 2 x GTR 1400s (full power) and 1 x KLE 500.

So off I trekked. Took all the good advice from here (Quittus Fiscal from Hotel des Impots, certificats de conformite etc)

The GTRs are identical bikes, bought the same day, same dealer. Both full fat UK power, which I thought was going to be my problem....

KLE, puissance 33Kw. No probs I thought.

I din't flinch at the first hurdle when the nice prefecture lady said the Cde C had to be from Kawasaki France. Non non. It is a European CdeC I said. However, the KLE CdeC was still not acceptable to her because it had only the CNIT on and none of the other information.

So I sighed and moved on to the GTR CdeCs, which have loads and loads of detail on. And guess what? for my husband's GTR, she typed in the CNIT, and Viola! She said the magic words ... I have found it. YAAAAY. So far so good. One lardybike registered.

Now we come to mine. Remember. Same bike. Same colour, same power blah blah. And with her eagle eyes she spotted that the clever people at Kawasaki had put the right CNIT number, but ARGHHH, on my certificat, the VIN number for my husband's bike, which I hadn't spotted because I had copied the info from the regsitration document when I filled the forms in.

So now we have ... 1 GTR registered, full power, no probs. And 2 x Cde Cs re ordered from Kawasaki. GRRRR.

Oh well. At least there are no mods to be made, just another trip to the prefecture.

Hi, Shan

Thanks for your comments here & at the other place. Just thought I'd keep peeps posted. Think there are on or two who are waiting for the plan to fail!

Glad you are getting out at the mo on the FJR.

Next job is to get the insurance and then we'll be off. Pretty blardy cold up here right now, but wood is all piled high, so keeping warm. Happy new year to you and D.

Liz