Ride out Sunday 14th Sept.

Bugsy

I'd better say possibly, as the forcast at the moment is not brilliant.

A ride out to the Fête de la moto Le Blanc 2008

Organisé par le Moto-Club "Les Kro-Tards"

DIMANCHE 14 SEPTEMBRE 2008

LE BLANC (36)

A partir de 11H

Spectacle Acrobatique moto "No Limit"
Pocket Bike, Quad, Jet Ski...
Stands
Vente de Motos Particulier à Particulier

ENTREE 5 Euros et Gratuit pour les moins de 12 ans .

If you are interested let me know. I've been before and it's well worth going.

Gary

Suggest we meet in the McDonalds carpark just off the roundabout on the N10 (south of Poitiers).

It's opposite the new Auchan Hyperstore.

Time 9.30 and plan to leave by 10.00. I'll buy the coffee...................[:)]

Sorry you can't make it Dave but its good to know you can now get back on the bike.

I've left Brian a message but have not yet heard from him.

Gary.

Hi guys

I've been playing with the band this evening, hence the late reply!

I'm sorry but I can't make it on Sunday [:(]; Mrs Sid has made other arrangements for us and there's a line I learned not to cross many years ago [:-))]

I hope you have a good day, and I must make a note of the date so that I'm prepared next year.

One other thing; it's good to see that SD has been passed fit to ride again!

Sid

It's three so far Keith, I still haven't heard from Brian but I'm sure he'll want to come if he can.

In view of the distance you've got to come Keith do you want to change the time to 10.00, leave by 10.30 ?

Just let me know........................

And if there are any shy lads & lasses who would like to come please just let us know. It doesn't matter what sort of bike you've got, as long as it will keep up with the speed limits, it will be fine. So that includes BMW's..................[:D][:D]

Gary

Just a brief update to what was supposed to be a fun day out.

I did indeed manage to extricate my bike from behind the sacks of cement only to find that for some obscure reason I had a great deal of difficulty starting her.  As she’s performed faultlessly to date (she being a 2yr old 650cc GSF Bandit) and feeling that the misfiring and cutting out would rectify itself when she warmed up, I decided to press on.  Now the drive from my garage is very steep uphill and now also festooned with a number of piles of earth due to my building work.  At the top the exit being through a single gate with an awkward lip onto the pavement.  Away I went, trying to keep the revs high enough so as not to cut out, but low enough not to disturb my neighbours.  I reach the gate, now at a funny angle due to the piles of earth, and attempt with one last surge to launch myself onto the pavement.  Isn’t funny how in a split second so much can go wrong?  The bike cut out, shot back like a rocket and before I could take any remedial action I was on the floor with the bike on my leg.  Damn was not the adjective I used at this particular moment in time but my displeasure compounded greatly when I realised that I was pinned down, my foot was trapped under the engine.  Have you ever tried lifting a bike up when you are under it?  Not easy.  I huffed, I puffed but I could not move the bike high enough to get the clearance.  I was not in much pain, thanks to the fact that I was wearing motorcycle boots but one does feel so incredibly stupid.  What do I do, I wondered?  I was well and truly stuck.  I found I was lying there checking over the bike for damage whilst rather stupidly thinking that perhaps if I waited long enough the bike would decide it had played enough and get off on its own.  Images of my neighbours on the way to the boulangerie seeing me there and exchanging the requisite polite bonjour whilst thinking, ‘these English do service their bikes in a very strange position’.  The reality of the situation then set in and filled me with horror.  If I were to be found by a neighbour, the inevitable outcome would be nothing short of a pantomime.  Urgent action was need.  Thank god for mobile phones, the fact that I had one and that I could get to it.  As I called home and reassuringly heard the phone ringing in the house I new I had the situation under control.  When my wife arrived in a pink dressing gown and fluffy pink slippers I was not so sure.  I didn’t consider that this was necessarily the appropriate garb for a rescuer but, hey ho, my saviour was with me.  Now on seeing my predicament my wife seemed totally unable to emulate the actions of Bruce Banner.  As I gazed up at her as she heaved at the offending metal, instead of turning bright green and bursting out of her nightie she seemed instead to go instead a rather deep shade of puce.  In the colour-coded scale of super hero’s, puce is obviously all that is necessary for motorbike lifting and I’m pleased to say that both the bike and I am now vertical.  No real damage except to my pride, a banana in my top box and a foot that seems to be expanding even as I type.

So there you have it.  Before Bugbear can tell you what an exciting time he had, I just wanted to say that mine gave me much more of anadrenaline rush.  As consolation I think I just might take out my little Honda Dax this afternoon to wind down. I should be safe, it’s only 70cc and I can lift it up on my own.

Moral of the story, if you’re going to fall off your bike, do it going backwards outside your house.  Embarrassing but convenient.

I’m still coming to terms with the vision of my wife bursting out of her nightie.

As for the misfiring bike, it is of course four weeks out of warranty, what a b****r.

Ron.    

[quote user="Snorkel"]...my wife arrived in a pink dressing gown and fluffy pink slippers ... totally unable to emulate the actions of Bruce Banner...

I’m still coming to terms with the vision of my wife bursting out of her nightie.[/quote] [:D][:D][:D]

Thanks for that!

I have a vivid image of Hulk in his frilly pink gown and fluffy slippers!!

Glad to read only your pride was badly dented...!

Glad you're OK Ron, Where on earth did Chris find the strength to lift your bike from.............must be all those Weetabix...[:D]

Where are the photos......................................[:-))]

Nice ride to Le Blanc, but a poor show when we got there. Five euros entry and very little to look at or buy. Nowhere near as good as the one we did last year.

Talk in the week

Gary.