Le Bugue this Sunday

Bob T

A bike meet that is arranged by the local bike club. It happens every two years and the whole town is closed off to cars.  There are trade stalls, loud music, bikes racing up and down the river bank, off road demos, dyno machines for testing your bike and much more.

The police are normally controlling all the parking. But it is a great atmosphere with something for all ages.

Shame, because it looks like on Monday will be the start of some warm gorgeous weather. The below is the link I use for our local weather it shows areas that other sites don't and is pretty accurate.

Le Bugue is only 15 to 20  minutes from me, I have driven through not knowing about this event one year. It was mad with people and all sorts going on. Hope you have a lovely time.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|FR|FR002|LE%20BUGUE&metric=1

Looks like it'll be a great day out, Bob.

Unfortunately, the R developed a problem yesterday - breaks in the tiny feed wires from the starter switch to the Motronic and fuel pump relays due to the cable ties which guide the loom around the headstock being put on too tight (apparently a well known assembly fault by the factory) and causing them to chafe when you turn the bars.  I've slit open part of the loom and jury rigged things by soldering up a couple of  bridging wires to get the thing temporarily started, but I need to sort out a more permanent solution before I take it out and let the 'tractor' engine shake the solder joints to pieces......[;-)]

-------- SD, I carn't believe that you are admitting to a build quality problem with your BMW , a word of advice , don't slacken those cable ties around the headstock, as they are BMW's answer to help prevent a " tank slapper "   [Www]

[quote user="socket"]-------- SD, I carn't believe that you are admitting to a build quality problem with your BMW , a word of advice , don't slacken those cable ties around the headstock, as they are BMW's answer to help prevent a " tank slapper "   [Www][/quote]

Don't you need a bit of speed to induce a 'tank-slapper'.............?  [Www][:D]