French Superbikes – Val de Vienne, 15-16 May

bmt

Hello gang,

Free tickets are now appearing in the local supermarkets for the Val de Vienne round of the French Superbike championship on 15-16 May. Free entry all areas (both days) with a promo ticket, parking 2 €.

Recommended as an excellent day out – good racing from a wide range of supporting classes and access to the paddock. Even for family members who may not be particularly interested, the public areas are pleasant and not crowded. Food available at reasonable prices.

(If this sounds a bit too glowing, I should point out that I have no connection other than as a satisfied punter. This is one of the first dates to be booked on our calendar each year.)

I don't normally follow this but as it's close enough I might go along. However, the official site http://www.circuit-valdevienne.fr/ (which is a bit messy to use) has conflicting dates for this Superbike event! The calendar shows 15-16 May, but the poster, which you can also bring up shows the weekend after, 22-23 May! It says free entry and parking 1€. So perhaps you don't need tickets?

Confused!

Sid

I don't know where you might find free tickets near where you are, but certainly they are in Leader Price at Savigné (86). In previous years, we have seen them in Sauzé Vaussais and Lezay (79) and the tabac in Chaunay (86). They're generally just on the checkouts – easily missed if you're not aware of what they are.

I seem to remember something in the order of 15 € for admission, but I may be mistaken.

Edit: Madame tells me that the last time we paid (probably three years ago) it was 20 € each, though parking was free. She also pointed out that tickets are checked on entry to the site and again at the paddock gate, based on previous years experience. It may, of course, be different this year.

[quote user="sid"]... but the poster, which you can also bring up shows the weekend after, 22-23 May! It says free entry and parking 1€.[/quote]

The picture of the poster actually says 23-24 May, because it's the poster from the 2009 event.

Well I've already expressed an interest in going on Sunday dependant on whether I will be available.  I'm waiting on a friend who needs me to go with him to the UK to pick up a new car.  Unfortunately I will only get a few days notice.

I'd appreciate it Gary if you would hang on to one of those tickets for me should I be able to make it.

So how's the new bike going, are you getting used to it yet?

Provided it's not forecast rain all day, I'll be there.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but re the rendezvous.  Is that the Intermarche at Savigne, or is there one in Civray that I don't know about?