Complete France Forum

Not France

cooperlola

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this new section so much !  Even as a small child I would love getting the family photo albums out and would spend hours looking at the snaps.  Now I can have happy times looking at all of yours !  It has even inspired me to take my camera with me.  I hope I will improve but here's one I took this afternoon at a touristy place.

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/pips_bucket/cockingtondecember2006.jpg[/IMG]

It's not a particularly good quality photo...

View of La Linea from the top of Gibraltar Rock looking east with Gib runway in the foreground! Not very nice weather, I was really cold all week during a february visit to my parents whose house is somewhere in the distance.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Lisleoise/Other/ArchivedPhotos639.jpg[/IMG]

That's a very pretty photo Pip. By Christine

Thanks Christine.  The place is called Cockington and holds lovely memories for me.  I used to take my old Border Collie, Jess, for walks through the estate when she was alive.

Suze, that's an amazing view.  Intrigued to know what all those little white blobs are in the left hand foreground ! 

[quote user="Pip"]

Suze, that's an amazing view.  Intrigued to know what all those little white blobs are in the left hand foreground ! 

[/quote]

It is/feels (don't know how high) very high on top of Gib Rock with a very scary drive up in a minibus with sheer drops with only foot high chain fences on the edge of a very narrow road  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/scared/5.gif[/img]

The white blobs are gravestones in the cemetary - nice location to rest in peace at (not) right next to the runway!

Jay Jay and Suze, they both look beautiful spots.  Why are these gems always tucked away, high up ??  On my first trip to the Pyrenees this year I was overawed by the beauty of the mountains but scared to death of the hairpin bends.  [+o(]  It wouldn't stop me from doing it again though, it was worth it !! [:D]

[quote user="Gary aka Bugbear"]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/BoatinBarcelona.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

[:-))] Not old enough to own a BMW but old enough for 3 gin-palaces... eh Bugbear? ... in mooring and maintenance yard in readiness for the summer stroll along St Trop coast!?.... Do you send out invites [;-)]?.... Us the girls on the forum would readily hang out with you with all this luxury!...  well I know I would![:D]!

[quote user="Missy"]

[:-))] Not old enough to own a BMW but old enough for 3 gin-palaces... eh Bugbear? ... in mooring and maintenance yard in readiness for the summer stroll along St Trop coast!?.... Do you send out invites [;-)]?.... Us the girls on the forum would readily hang out with you with all this luxury!...  well I know I would![:D]!

[/quote]

I wish................................My daughter is Chief Stewardess on the boat in the foreground. It's stuck there in Barcelona waiting for a repair to a bearing having been on route to the Caribbean for a three-month cruise. She is not a happy bunny......................

Oh, Pads !  What wonderful memories your photo brought.  I walked that coastal path from Tintagel to Trebarthwith more than once a year during the 70's - in all weathers !! Reminded me I must go back to visit now I live nearer [:D]

Thankyou everyone yes John it has changed a lot since I first visited as a child. Pip we will get together shorly and do that walk if you want, its Hubby and mines 2nd favorite walk. we went to Trebarwith yesterday and walked the cliffs to Tintagel. It was blowey but a loverly walk. I will treat you to a pint in the pub at Trebarwith on the way back[:)]