help red and blue dots on digital photos

shihtzu

Can anyone help please when I put mine or sent digital photos on my screen I get a lot of red and blue dots ( tft screen )  but when I view images on the net there is no problem it was suggested that I needed more ram so I got a 512mb stick but to no avail and when I print then off there is no problem

It sounds like a video memory problem. Pictures on the Web are usually quite small, maybe 600x400 pixels. That equates to about 0.25 megapixels. If you have a modern camera it probably takes pictures at a resolution greater that 2 megapixels. The bigger the picture the more memory it needs to display properly.

How old is your computer and how much memory does it have now? Do you know if its graphics are handled by an integrated chip or a dedicated card?

I'm not really a hardwar/systems guy, but that sounds like a fairly elderly machine. If that 624MB includes the 512MB stick then you were running with 112MB before. That sounds like 128MB minus 16MB allocated to video memory. This in turn indicates a fairly basic integrated video system.

Translating that into English, many PCs, particularly laptops, use part of their main RAM for the graphics display. The amount of memory you can use this way is usually limited to 16MB in older systems although there might be a way of increasing to 32MB, probably via the BIOS.If you have a desktop machine you could look at buying a cheap graphics card. This would probably solve the problem at a stroke. They are usually pretty easy to fit, no harder than plugging in the extra stick of RAM. However, you will also need to tell the PC to use the new card rather than the integrated chip. Usually this means getting into the BIOS at start-up although some machines have a physical switch on the motherboard

If you need to know more about your PC go to Programs . Accessories > System Tools > System Information. That will give you the basic info and clicking Components in the left pane gives you access to information about your display.

Before you go down the replacement path, it is just possible that a new video driver will fix things. Once you've found what graphics chip or card you have you could search the Web for new drivers.

After saying all that, personally I'd seriously consider getting a new machine!

Good luck.