woodworking machinery in France

Postie

Hi

At long last the business has a buyer & we are about to move to France. Before we leave I want to buy a couple of new machines - a new table saw & a new planer/thicknesser. The trusty old combo machine has been donated to the eldest & must be replaced. I am looking at the Jet range, does anyone know where I will get best value for money when I buy the new machines - UK or France?

Any info will be a help.

Thanx

Postie

I am not sure how available Jet machines are in France.

Lurem machines are very common but are certainly not bottom of the range prices but then neither is Jet.

Have a look on French ebay, its quite an eye-opener..

bj

Thanx BJ

I have just got rid of an old Luren & feel I need to move onto something better, hence the Jet choice. Have recently bought a Jet lathe & bandsaw & am very happy with the value for money from Jet. I will check it out ebay & see what I can find

Cheers Postie.

Have you had a look at http://www.axminster.co.uk/find.asp?pricing=INC&cid=LSSDWT1TB50QUIXPGW1HJ0ALAAOKRG4A . They deliver to France, but I'm not sure if they do the size kit you are looking for. If you give them a bell they may be able to help. The worst answer you can get is no. I have dealt with them for years now and they are very helpful...

Their Axminster range is very good too.

• 1 month later...

Dear JJ

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I did contact Axminster re delivery to France for a table saw - price £250, delivery only. Too expensive for us. I have since bought a Scheppach planer /thicknesser & an Jet table saw. Really happy with this lot - they are now all packed up to go to La Vendee at the end of next week. Happy days!!! Packing, what a never ending job!

Thanx again