A tree carving.

Chris Head

That is OK Jon.

You ask why live in a city where you feel you must barge past people.  I have given this some thought and must say that I dont feel like this too often, thank God. 

However, sometimes the city leaves me feeling a bit lost and I find it quite unnatural that humans dont give each other eye contact. 

I see the homeless in the mornings as I walk down the Champs Elysees and I honestly dont know whether or not they are dead.  I often stand by them to see if they are breathing and it is beyond me that others just walk by.  It worries me that I may turn into this kind of person.

Everyone is in a rush and nobody seems to respect fellow humans and to be honest it worries me, saddens me and annoys me. 

On the other hand, the city makes me feel alive.  It is wonderful and I love the opportunity and choice.  Me and hubs were bored last night so we went for a walk.  It was late night shopping and we stood on the terrace at Printemps at 9.30 and enjoyed the wonderful views of the tower and sacre coeur with the moon behind.

Small town is the opposite.  A person sleeping or dead in the street would be seen to and cared for.  On the other hand everyone wants to know everyone elses business.  Then then chat about it and add miles on and that used to sadden and annoy me too.  I often stood my ground against these people, the same as I did the other day when I barged past people in Paris.  Am I wrong or right?  I dont know.

Small town v City?  Swings and roundabouts.  On the whole, I love Paris but slip into acting like an arse for 5% of the time.  Same in small town.