Parcel 'lost' in Customs or La Poste

Berlioz

I wonder of anyone knows how to track down a missing parcel?  I have contact lenses for my daughter which have not been delivered.  I have a USPS tracking number that does not work internationally. The very rude american call centre person said it was 'probably stuck in customs' and to give the tracking number to the post office or customs.....(local? regional? national?)  I have lived here 5 weeks, long enough to know that even something simple like a buying a stamp takes forever.

I paid with a debit card not credit card so don't think I can get a chargeback.

Please does anyone know where I should start :-(

• 2 weeks later...

If it was coming via the US postal service, then I guess it will end up with La Poste. Your best bet is to explain the problem in your local post office, I'm afraid.

However, I suspect that, like drugs, the supply of glasses etc is heavily regulated in France. ie. you must be "authorised" to sell them. Could this be the problem?

We contacted La Poste and they say that it is not in their system.  I then contacted Barclays and they will do a 'chargeback' to my bank account 30 days after the supposed date of dispatch (early October)  I e-mailed the company and told them this. So I ordered some from my old Optician in Cambridge and collected them while on a lightening visit last week. I will have to do that each time we need some lenses:-(

I  think that you probably are right about the regulation issues but my French isn't good enough to order on a French site yet !

Thanks,

Donna

.....because I had only just arrived in France when we ran out and with everything going on, finding a new english speaking optition when I had the prescription allready seemed like too much hassle! LOL  I got some from our UK optition on my trip back last week.

Anyway just 10 mins ago the parcel arrived.  It does not appear to have been shipped by air.

Such is life......

• 3 weeks later...