Employment for plumbers in France

As a qualified plumber with a smattering of French are there any
career openings for me?
i currently hold NVQ level 2 and have ten years plumbing experience particularly with Aga's, Rayburns, gas and oil boilers. My Corgi registration has elapsed but I am in the throes of renewing it. Is there anyone out there who can help?

We all thought you couldn't post here at present.

I'm sure there is plenty of black market work, but we couldn't possibly condone that.

Not too many Agas and Rayburns in France as far as I know.

To work legally you would need to convince an employer to take you on, which is very difficult in France. To work independently you must convince the local chamber of trade that you are fully conversant with French regulations and methods, and that you have a fair understanding of French. You would also need to do a course (in French) covering basic business practice, including book keeping. You would probably find the social security contributions crippling.

It's possible to work in France of course, I know people who have done it, but you need real commitment and dedication to get there.

LAST EDITED ON 17-Jul-03 AT 03:24 PM (GMT)

There was a query a short while ago on similar lines from an electrician. I had read an article in LF Magazine (April 2003) about the British Council in Paris providing a confirmation of his equivalent qualification in France. Maybe they can do the same for plumbers. Try: http://www1.britishcouncil.org/france/france-education/france-education-recognition-qualifications.htm

I'm sure people are as desperate for a good plumber in France as the are in the UK, they don't know about CORGI though!