Fishing in 22

Cornmill

LAST EDITED ON 19-Oct-03 AT 08:58 AM (GMT)

I have tried honestly!!.......I have been to Mairie and local tabacs also a fishing shop in Guingamp but still don't understand why my husband isn't allowed to fish (coarse) in the dept.

We live on an estuary and I understand he can fish that no problem but river fishing and lake fishing is the problem. Can anybody enlighten me? All I have got is that it's "interdit".

Does anyone know of a lake, canal, river that can be fished. Also I know that he has to get a permis de peche, categorie 2eme. But again in the translation I've lost the plot. I think this is similar to the UK rod licence and he would then need to get a day fishing pass for wherever he fishes, but if anybody out there fishes and knows the score I would be very grateful as I have tried to sort this out but obviously my french isn't up to it.

Don't use the email link on the forum as email address has changed since move......waiting for admin to change details....please use......

[email protected]

Thanks very much

Jacqui

• 2 weeks later...
This is what my partner says: most if not all rivers and lakes in the Cotes d'Armor and Finisterre are 1st Category waters, this means they can only be fished from around March until September every year. In order to fish these waters a Full licence (1st and 2nd Category) would have to be purchased - always assuming they do sell these in that part of Brittany.

With a Full Licence these waters can be fished - when they are open - for any species. So although they contain mostly Trout and the like, there is no reason why your husband could not fish for the likes of Roach or Carp or whatever. But he would not be allowed to use 'traditional' Coarse baits like maggots.

Apparently the neighbouring Ile et Vilaine has a lot more in the way of 2nd Category waters - which are open all year and DO allow for traditional coarse angling baits.

(Does any of this mean anything to you/your husband because I don't understand it at all! But then, I'm not an angler!!!)

regards

Jane

Jane Davis

www.immolim.com
Selling property in the Limousin region of France